For Immediate Release
SCOTT’S PROTEIN BALLS LAUNCHES NEW PEANUT BUTTER CUP FLAVOR IN COLLABORATION WITH DAILY DOSE AT THE SUMMER FANCY FOOD SHOW
Company Introduces New Flavor Made With All Organic Ingredients to Meet Consumer Demand
New York, NY (June 20, 2023) – Scott’s® Protein Balls, a rapidly growing healthy protein snack company, is launching its first protein ball with all organic ingredients at the Summer Fancy Food Show (Booth #5145). The new Peanut Butter Cup flavor was created in collaboration with Tricia Williams, Founder and CEO of Daily Dose, a subscription-based health-focused meal delivery service. The Peanut Butter Cup ball will be the first made with the company’s Proprietary Protein Powder Blend, a new addition created by Tricia, packed with higher protein and superfood ingredients. These are the first balls from the company made with 4.5 grams of protein per ball or 9 grams of protein per serving. Consumers can now satisfy their peanut butter cup cravings with a healthy alternative to traditional offerings.
The company is making its debut at the Summer Fancy Food Show’s new Plant-Based section (Booth #5145). At the Summer Fancy Food Show, Scott’s Protein Balls will be showcasing all of its products while educating attendees about their unique points of difference compared to other similarly-perceived snacks. In addition, they will be hosting a Protein Power Hour at their booth #5145 from 1 - 2 pm daily.
After meeting at a fitness event, Scott’s Protein Balls Co-Founder Lori Levine and Tricia immediately connected and became fast friends. As they got to know each other better, they were determined to work together. Tricia’s expertise in culinary nutrition coupled with Lori’s mission was the ideal combination to bring the new Peanut Butter Cup ball to life. “We wanted to create an all-organic peanut butter ball that contained more protein per serving than our existing peanut butter ball,” explains Lori, “The key was creating our Proprietary Protein Powder Blend, where Tricia’s expertise was so helpful!”
“When I first came across Scott’s Protein Balls I was truly touched by Lori’s story and really impressed with the product, especially since it started in her kitchen with no real culinary experience,” said Tricia Williams, Founder and CEO of Daily Dose. “I’m thrilled to be able to take my knowledge and help them expand into a new line of products I know their customers are going to love.”
“Our new Peanut Butter Cup ball is a game changer – packed with higher protein than our other varieties and new superfood ingredients made possible with our new Proprietary Protein Powder,” said Lori Levine. “This is going to be the new go-to for anyone who loves peanut butter and is looking for a decadent and healthy snack alternative.” The company carefully selects every ingredient in Scott’s Protein Balls for its nutritional value and health benefits. Their new Proprietary Protein Powder is packed with organic superfood ingredients like broccoli seed powder, pea protein, chia powder, MCT powder, and inulin powder. The Peanut Butter Cup balls are sweetened with organic allulose. Consumer feedback led to an important decision to use chia powder instead of seeds for the new Peanut Butter Cup ball. Chia Powder is simply a ground version of chia seeds with all the same nutritional benefits.
Health benefits of the ingredients in their new protein powder include:
- Broccoli seed powder – Broccoli seeds contain all the nutrients needed to grow a broccoli plant, making them incredibly nutrient dense. They contain vitamin C, calcium, magnesium, and other micronutrients. They are also a rich source of sulfur-containing plant compounds with incredible health benefits. Broccoli seeds help fight against diseases and enhance weight loss when eaten in large quantities.
- MCT powder – MCT oil offers a healthy fat that boosts energy, brain function, and metabolism. Studies show MCT oil increases satiety, making snacks with MCT more satisfying, and discouraging overeating.
- Inulin powder (chicory root fiber) – Chicory root is an excellent source of prebiotic fiber. Fiber refers to carbohydrates that humans can’t break down, and prebiotic fiber is a specific type of fiber that feeds beneficial bacteria in the gut, promoting a healthy, balanced microbiome and overall health.
- Pea Protein – As a main ingredient in our plant-based protein powder, pea protein is an ideal way to increase dietary protein and support overall health that’s also suitable for those who have food allergies. Pea protein contains all nine essential amino acids, including branched-chain amino acids that support muscle growth, blood flow, and heart health. It also contains lysine, which promotes immune system health.
- Chia Powder – Chia seeds, like flax seeds, are rich in omega-3 fats, protein, vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds. Chia is exceptionally high in fiber, containing around 10 grams per ounce, much higher than other nuts and seeds. Since chia seeds are so nutrient-rich, they offer many health benefits. Including chia seeds in the diet may help with digestive regularity, microbiome balance, bone health, cardiovascular health, blood sugar balance, weight loss, and more.
The Peanut Butter Cup balls will be available in 4-packs, sold as three 4-packs for $19.99 on the company’s website and Amazon.com at launch, and soon will be available in 10 and 20-pack options. The indulgent refrigerated plant-based protein balls are made with no preservatives; they are gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and non-GMO and filled with superfood ingredients.
Founded in 2020, Scott’s Protein Balls was created by Co-Founder and CFO Scott Levine for his wife Lori Levine who, after a battle with breast cancer, was looking for a clean, soy-free, low-sugar snack she could take on the go instead of the protein bars she was used to eating. Lori, co-founder, and CEO wanted something that offered a clean, healthy alternative that didn’t sacrifice taste.
The company is committed to the fight against breast cancer and donates 1% of sales to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation while also giving back to many other charitable causes. Their products are available in eight flavors, including Peanut Butter Cup, Red Velvet, Peanut Butter Cacao, Mint Chocolate Chip, Brownie Batter, Confetti, Snickerdoodle, and Java Peanut Butter. Scott’s Protein Balls can currently be found in over 85 retail locations and multiple airports in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and North Dakota. New retailers and locations are added regularly. Learn more at scottsproteinballs.com.
About Scott’s Protein Balls
Scott's Protein Balls are 100% plant-based protein balls, perfect for an active lifestyle and the family on the go. They are fresh from the fridge, made with no preservatives, and are a healthy and delicious snack that is gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and non-GMO. Scott's Protein Balls is also a proud partner of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF), donating a portion of all sales to the cause that is very close to their Founder, breast cancer survivor, Lori Levine's heart. For more information visit www.scottsproteinballs.com.
Get Social With Us:
Hashtags: #healthysnacks #plantbased #fridgefresh #fuelyourbody
Press Inquiries: Sabrina Levine Communications
Sabrina Levine / Sabrina@sabrinalevinepr.com / 917-769-4434
Danielle Dimino / firstname.lastname@example.org / 732-216-7232